Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hawaii - Day 1

We arrived in O'ahu at 4 p.m. Hawaii time and 8 p.m. Louisiana time. As I was exiting the plane, I called home to see how all the kids were doing. Baby L was already asleep. As I talked to K, I told him I was getting off the plane and he asked me if we were coming home. We'd barely been gone 24 hours. The girls were already having a nice vacation and enjoying being with their Granny Nee.

By the time we got to the hotel, it was about 6 p.m. and the night life was getting started. Our hotel was right on the beach and right in the middle of all the shopping. We had an ocean view from the balcony and Diamondhead from the entrance. It was nice.



By the time we got to the hotel, it was about 6 p.m. and the night life was getting started.

We did a little shopping in our search to find something good to eat. I wanted something we didn't have back home. We ate REAL ramen noodles and it was GOOD. I should have taken a picture of the serving. It was definitely enough to feed two people, but I ate it all except the green onions. It was so good. I finally learned how to use chopsticks. M's 5000 calorie diet a day goal was not achieved. We didn't snack nearly as much as we had hoped, but when we ate, we ate good. Their servings were huge!

After we ate, we strolled the beach back to our hotel as Luau music played in the background.



No comments: