Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Alaskan Cruise - Day 2

I wish I would have kept our itinerary so I knew exactly what we had done on what days. Fortunately for me, my computer saves pictures in folders by date, so they're organized for me. Now, I just need to recall where we were each day. :-)

Day 2 and Day 3 were spent on the ship at sea. Here are a few pic of the gorgeous scenery.

This is the day we spent "cruising" with humpback whales for over an hour. Although we were passing through the whale's "feeding" grounds, the naturalist said it was very uncommon that we were able to spend such a long amount of time with them. Although I never saw one breach, some of our fellow cruisers did. Just seeing the tails and blows were amazing. We also had the pleasure of seeing 2 porpoises. For some reason, I was amazed at how fast they were. Absolutely beautiful. There's nothing like being in nature to really appreciate God's glory.

No comments: