Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Like Sleep!

I really enjoy my sleep. I enjoy it so much that my 5 year old and 2 year old don't usually wake me up until they get really hungry. I keep the bottom of the refrigerator stocked with fruit so when they wake up, they can get something to hold themselves over until they REALLY need me. By doing that, I've been able to sleep in an extra hour on most days. When my husband's alarm clock goes off at 4:30 in the morning or when he gets home at 6:30 after working a night shift, I either don't wake up at all or I wake up just enough to kiss him goodbye or good morning and then go right back to sleep.
Much to my surprise this morning, I woke up before my husband's alarm went off. I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. I tried. I REALLY tried. Instead, I tossed and turned. Shortly after he left, I crawled out of bed. My alarm wasn't supposed to go off for another hour. *sigh* I could no longer resist the nudge God was giving me to do my study before my day started.

I got ready. The kids were asleep. The house was still dark. It was a perfect time for me to do my Bible Study. A perfect quiet time with the Lord.

I opened my Bible and my lesson was from Isaiah 50:1-11.

Isaiah 50:4b "He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught." If I wouldn't have finally listened to the nudging, I would have missed a very important message.

Thank you for allowing me to be Your servant and waking me up this morning.
I have a feeling I will be waking up early more often.


No comments: